Archives

Friday, July 6, 2012

Special AX2012 Edition

Hello and welcome to yet another Weekly Ramble. It's July already; JULY! Where has time gone? I don't know about the rest of you, but for me this past weekend went by in a flash, leaving me reeling from it's blinding speed. And just like that, Anime Expo 2012 was over. So that's kind of a bummer, but hey, now I get to go back to work on Monday and make s'more money so I can buy even more stuff! Today's ramble will be mostly all Anime Expo related, but before I get to the AX stuff I'd like to ramble about a few non-AX things. Here we go:



First off, I apologize for not rambling last week, but rambling on a Wednesday didn't sit well, so I decided to skip it! Secondly I haven't been participating in "Rambler vs the World" this past week, but I plan to get back into the game soon, maybe by Monday so I can win this week, but who knows. Finally, I am holding a cover-art contest for "RE;Inspiration: Titan II" you can find the rules in this ramble: here.

Last weekend was Anime Expo 2012, more-or-less the highlight of my year, and I had a great time. It started off on Thursday, Day 0, with me meeting my roomies and then a few hours of waiting in line for badge pick-up. After that we went to a special dinner prepared for everyone in our hotel block at a small restaurant called Starry Kitchen. It was pretty good, if you ever find yourself there I would suggest the crab cakes and the crunchy tofu balls. On Day 1 I woke up early and went to the exhibit hall line to ensure that I could get my hands on a copy of a limited edition CD featuring Hatsune Miku. After exploring the exhibit hall and picking up a few things (more details on my loot later) I attended the Crunchyroll panel where they announced a ton of summer titles you can see what they'll be simul-casting here. When the CR panel was finished they cleared the room and I hurried to the end of the line for the "Mirai no Neiro - Sound of the Future" Vocaloid Panel and, much to my delight, during the Vocaloid panel we got a mini-concert! It was four songs long the first was preformed by Hatsune Miku Append, the second was by the original Hatsune Miku, the third was by Kagamine Rin and the fourth was sung by GUMI but Miku and Rin danced to it, along with Kasane Teto and a purple haired Vocaloid who I assume was a gender-bent Kamui Gakupo. When the Vocaloid panel finished I met up with some roomies and we went to the "AX Forum Meet & Greet" and we finished the night by watching the AMV Contest.



Day 2 started with another line! This time I waited in line for a continuation of the Vocaloid Panel,  this time they interviewed some of the creators and we got to see some brand new songs! After the Vocaloid Panel part two I meandered around the convention center some more (I like to meander) until I decided to get in line for another Vocaloid panel, this was the true continuation of the one from the night before and after replaying the mini-concert we got to see even more world premiere Vocaloid PVs. Then I went to the FUNimation industry panel where they showcased all of their upcoming projects. When that was finished I headed back to the hotel to turn in early, but thanks to a small snafu in communications I ended up sitting in the lobby for about six hours, lol.




On Day 3 I hung out with my roomies and we traveled from meet-up to meet-up taking many pictures of cosplayers from Durarara!!, Angel Beats and Vocaloid before rushing to Hall G to line up for the LiSA concert. The concert was great and even though I didn't know some of the songs I had a blast, especially when she got to the songs that I did know. After the concert we hung out, walked around and ate some food-truck food until it was time for the Masquerade. My favorite cosplay in the Masquerade was Black Gold Saw from Black Rock Shooter, she looked amazing!



Finally Day 4 came and after checking out of the hotel and checking my bags in at the con, I met up with my roomies again and we traversed the Exhibit Hall one last time before it was all over. It was probably about 13:30 when my ride called and asked where I wanted to meet them, and thus ended my Anime Expo 2012 experience. But hey, only 361 more days until AX2013! I'll be there, will you?




Okay I don't have a word counter on the program I am currently using, but I'm going to assume that we're just about done here, so I'll get straight into the special AX2012 edition of "Semajj's Bookshelf"! I got a lot of stuff, so I won't count everything, but I will cover the important stuff. First off I got some t-shirts, a few wall-scrolls, two Black Rock Shooter coffee mugs and a few CDs, including the special KARENT ft. Miku CD. More importantly I got a Black Rock Shooter plushie, awesome; a Nymph from "Sora no Otoshimono" Nendoroid, a Hatsune Miku Append Nendoroid, a copy of Wolf's Rain on DVD, Oreimo on DVD, Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt on DVD and AnoHana on DVD. But most importantly I got myself a pair of the brain-wave reading Necomimi! I'm pretty darned happy with the Necomimi, they are even cooler than I thought they would be!





There's your Song of the Week, it's "Freely Tomorrow" by Hatsune Miku Append, and it's awesome. Anywho, writing this while I'm on vacation is kind of a drag so I'm going to stop here, like always if you've any comments, questions, tips or concerns you can contact me via e-mail at Semajj07@gmail.com or you can leave a comment below! 'Til next time readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment