Archives

Friday, July 13, 2012

And the Winner Is...

Hi this is a Weekly Ramble and depending on what time you are reading this ramble, Friday the 13th may have already passed, but as I sit here typing Friday the 13th is in full swing; the second Friday the 13th that a Weekly Ramble has landed on; what luck! But that’s not necessarily a bad thing because I haven’t had any bad luck as of yet. Oh I guess you could consider a certain something bad luck, but I’ll get to that later. Today I’m going to mostly focus our random rambling time on the Summer 2012 anime season which started about two weeks ago; but I’m also going to have our usual stuff like “The Creator’s Corner” “Semajj’s Bookshelf” the results for this week’s “Rambler versus the World” and a new “Song of the Week”! Plus it is Friday, July 13, 2012 so that means by the time that my “RE;Inspiration: Titan II” Cover-Art Contest is officially over! Shall we begin?


First, let me start by saying I’m still a series or five away from finishing all of my “Spring 2012” titles, AX and D3 wrought havoc upon my anime watching, so I haven’t even started watching any of the new “Summer 2012” titles, but I’m still going to talk about what looks good! To start off Crunchyroll is continuing to stream some continuing series, both long-running and two-season, such as: “Fairy Tail”, “Hunter x Hunter”, “SKET Dance”, “Sengoku Collection”, “Polar Bear CafĂ©”, “Space Brothers”, “Yurumate3Dei” and “Poyopoyo”. There are more “on-going” titles at Crunchyroll like “Naruto” and “Saint Seiya Omega”, but for time purposes I’m going to stick with talking about the shows that I’m watching and in the next segment, going to be watching!

Now is the part where I talk about Crunchyroll’s new simulcasts! First is “Total Eclipse” which I think is an alternate story in an already existing anime universe (Muv-Luv if I’m not mistaken, I haven’t done too much homework on this show) so I’ll have to do more research to see if this will make it to my watch-list. I’ll probably check out “The Ambition of Oda Nobuna”, but to be honest I’m getting a little tired of all the shows where the feudal warlords are turned into girls, so we’ll just have to see about that one. “YuruYuri 2” is an instant watch-lister, just because I enjoyed the first season so much. “Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere 2” is also probably going to stick around for a while, but if the story goes over the horizon into the land of nowhere I probably won’t stick around.

“Chitose Get You!” is supposed to be a slap-stick-esque comedy about a little girl causing trouble for everyone around her, so I’ll probably end up liking it. “Campione!” looks good from looking at the poster and reading further into the synopsis leads me to believe that this show will also make the watch-list this season. Harem love comedy filled with magical battles, what’s not to love? “So, I Can’t Play H?” *reads synopsis* it’s about a guy who is trying to help a Death God so he can recover his “perverted spirit”; sounds fun! Ha ha hah!

“Humanity Has Declined” looks pretty good, lots of colors, plus I like stories that are “a little strange and just a tiny bit absurd.” oh and there are fairies; so this will also get checked out. “Natsuyuki Rendezvous” is about flowers, ghosts and love, it doesn’t seem particularly interesting, but I’ll give it a shot. “Kokoro Connect” is another title that is most likely sticking around to join my watch-list, it is about a group of high school students who swap bodies and chaos and drama ensue. Mmm drama!

“La Storia della Arcanna Famigila” looks good, it’s about battles and “special powers” so if it has any hint of a story behind it, which it probably does, just read the synopsis, it’ll be good. Probably. “Tari Tari” is about high school girls and music and drama and I’ll probably watch it because I like music and drama… among other things…

“Sword Art Online”, I haven’t read a single thing about this show but I know I’m going to watch it. Simple as that. “Cardfight Vanguard” bleh. “PES: Peace Eco Smile” is a Toyota mini-anime so I’ll probably give it a watch, plus the aliens look like berries.

“Utakoi” is a historical romance, I might give it a look, but my plate already seems pretty full doesn’t it? “Hakuoki Reimeiroku” is the third season of an anime that I never watched, so yeah. And finally, for CR simulcasts as of now anyway, is “Dog Days 2” I saw part of the first season, I was a little bored by it, but people like it so I might give the “Dog Days” series’ a second chance; especially since CR is bringing the first season to their archive of anime goodness!



Wow-ee! That’s a lot of anime talk! Since I took up so much room rambling about what CR is bringing to the table this season, I’m going to keep the rest of the ramble relatively to-the-point! So let’s get to this week’s edition of “The Creator’s Corner”!

This week I’m going to talk about “short story” length. You probably already know this, but I am currently working on a short story, “RE;Inspiration: Titan II”, to be exact. And I’ll just lay some numbers out here. “Titan” was about 6600 words, give or take a few hundred. “Titan II” as it is in its almost-final draft, is 7200+ words, and this draft isn’t even close to being finished! So without going into too much talking about it and what not, if you are reading this and wouldn’t mind answering: Do you think 10,000 words is too much for a short story, or does it not matter?



Finally, before I move on to our closing statements I’m going to announce the winner of the “RE;Inspiration: Titan II” Cover-Art Contest! I only received one entry which could be considered bad luck, but it is a great cover and it was crafted by Megaflaem, my buddy from /AMP/! Below is his masterpiece:




Winding down, because I’ve already reached the target amount of words, let’s move on to the results for this week’s “Rambler versus the World”! This week I lost, a total failure, hah. 0 wins I earned this week, zero; which means that the World (who/whatever that may be) won seven times, yay World! And I didn’t add anything new to the “Bookshelf” this week, I’m still kinda recovering from the hole that Anime Expo burnt in my pocket, but hopefully I’ll get something new for next week! Finally we have this week’s Song of the Week, which is brought to you by LFG, enjoy:


That little ditty is from the “Looking For Group” movie that never got finished, but you can always check out the web-comic which is updated every Monday and Thursday! And with that I’ll end by telling you that if you have any comments, questions, tips or concerns you can e-mail me at Semajj07@gmail.com or you can comment on this, or any other of my rambles. That’s totally nineteen man, nineteen all the way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment