Archives

Friday, July 27, 2012

Games Galore~


……

………

…………

Ah, jeez! I can’t think of a good introduction! Oh well, I guess hello always works; hello and welcome to Weekly Ramble number 21. As you should know I am James and I am here to ramble about anything and everything that I can think to ramble about! This weeks is pretty packed with news concerning some Video Games that greatly interest me and so I’ll have some ramblings about “Hatsune Miku’s Project Diva f” “World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria” and “Black Rock Shooter: The Game” I’ll also briefly stop by “The Creator’s Corner” to see what’s up with “RE;Inspiration: Titan II” and, as always, we’ll see what’s new on “Semajj’s Bookshelf” and then we’ll hear another new exciting “Song of the Week”!



The first game I’m going to ramble about today is “Hatsune Miku’s Project Diva f” for the PlayStation Vita. This week there were two new videos, the first was a promo for the game and it shows off a few of the songs featured in the game as well as the augmented reality features that work with the PS Vita’s cameras. The second video was just released this morning and is an eight minute long showcase of the game and its songs. You can see both videos below:





Project Diva f will be the first Project Diva game that I will be lucky enough to own. On top of that, the new LE Hatsune Miku Crystal White PS Vita that I ordered along with the game, will be my first hand-held game system since the original Nintendo DS back when it was released almost eight years ago, so I’m pretty excited about that as well. I may not buy too many games for the Vita once I get it, but who needs other games when you’ve got Project Diva? Well…



The second game I’m going to talk about is “Black Rock Shooter: The Game” which launched in Japan for the PSP in August of last year. Sometime around the Japanese launch of Black Rock Shooter NIS America announced that they would be bringing the game to the states, which was awesome news, but then nothing more was said about the game. Almost a year later we finally get some news about the localization of “Black Rock Shooter: The Game”. On Tuesday the CEO of Imageepoch came forward and said that they were still working on the English version of the game and that it will be finished soon. It’s not a release date, but hey, at least the project wasn’t scrapped. I just hope that since they’ve taken this long to get the game here we’ll be able to download and play it on a PS Vita; otherwise I might have to start scouring the “used PSP” market for a good deal so I can get my Black Rock Shooter fix when it comes out. I’m hoping that we see “Black Rock Shooter: The Game” here in the states by the end of the year but at the same time I want the developers to take their time and do it right.




Lastly, for the video game news anyway, is a game that I don’t have to get a brand new game system to play and that is “World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria”. Ever since the official announcement at last year’s BlizzCon I’ve been impatiently waiting for the next bit of MoP news and early this week Blizzard sent out a certain piece of information that got me really pumped! Wednesday morning Blizzard announced the official release date for Mists of Pandaria!  On September 25th, 2012 we’ll finally get to see what’s behind the mists that surround the mysterious island of Pandaria! Unless you’ve played the beta, then you have a pretty good idea of what’s behind the mists, but personally I’ve done my best to not play any of the 85-90 content in the beta and I focused mostly on the new Monk class, the Pandaren starting area and Pet Battles. I can’t wait! I can’t believe that there are only two months left!

While I’m on the subject of Warcraft, the winner of the WoW contest has been notified so if you entered the contest and haven’t checked your e-mail lately, please do so to see if you are the lucky winner!



Okay, enough video-game news, how about we talk about “Titan II”? In some sad news “Titan II” isn’t finished yet and won’t be finished today, but I’d say there is a 95% chance that we’ll see “Titan II” up on Smashwords by next Friday. I’m sorry for taking so long but I want it to be as awesome as I can get it. The story is solid at this point; I know where TII starts and where it ends. The characters are set; I know who is introduced in TII and how they work in the story. The only problem I have is interaction between two of my characters, I think in my latest re-write I’ve gotten their “problems” in a place where they work but there are still a few scenes and details that I need to work-out. Hmm, what else can I tell you about “Titan II” we get to meet Jacobi’s crew and a few more members of the Windsor’s crew. We get to see what happened to Jacobi and who he really is, and we get some real action! It’s not a lot of action, most of the big action scenes are in the third part, but we do get to see a few confrontations!



It seems lately that I’ve been in a “blah” writing mood when it comes to writing my rambles. It feels like they aren’t as content packed as they used to be, maybe it’s because I’m spending a lot of my creative energy on “Titan”. Hmm maybe I’ll go back and read my old rambles and see what’s changed. But before I do that why don’t we see what I added to “Semajj’s Bookshelf” this week! This week I added a World of Warcraft Trading Card Game Loot Card to my collection! The “Sand Scarab” is the newest companion pet to be added to Warcraft via TCG loot cards and now it is the newest companion to be added to my collection, bringing my current number of pets to 190! Wow!


This is a cover of a song from the Disney movie “Aladdin” sung by the Japanese voice-actor Tomokazu Sugita. A pal of mine from [/AMP/] posted this song on the thread earlier this week and I’ve been hooked ever since. Well that’s all I’ve got for today, I hope you enjoyed my rambling; and, as always, if you have any comments, questions, tips or concerns you can let me know in the comment boxes below or you can e-mail me at Semajj07@gmail.com. Until next time readers, keep on gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment