Archives

Friday, March 30, 2012

Words, Space and D



This week, this week, this week! Lots of great stuff to get through today so let’s not spend too much time with introductions! As always this is your Weekly Ramble; for this week, the week of March 30, 2012 I’m going to ramble about quite a few bits of awesome news, I’ll also fill you in on the latest NEw developments via “The Creator’s Corner” and of course there will be a new “Song of the Week” to fill your ears with and we’ll take another peek into “Semajj’s Bookshelf” to see what’s new!


First off, from out of nowhere, Tenacious D announced their return to the music scene with their new album Rize of the Fenix scheduled to release May 15, 2012. Now you’re all like: “But wait a minute, hasn’t that date been said in a ramble recently?” and to that I respond: “Heck yes! May 15, 2012 is the release date of Diablo III too!” What a day that will be, eh? At the top of this ramble, I’m sure you saw it, was the “To Be The Best” video that Jack Black and Kyle Gas released this week to accompany the release date of their new album; the link earlier in this ramblegraph leads to a page with the above video, but also (at the bottom) is the first single off their new album. I’m so looking forward to May now.


In more great news, my buddy J.R. Nova just released his first novel: Rising. I won’t say much about it, other than it’s available on Amazon and Smashwords, and that I’m about 27% through and I’ve stayed up past the norm the past two nights reading this; it's so good.  


In some slightly sad (for me) news, last night both my older sister and my dad got access into the “World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria” beta, while I did not. While I’m kinda bummed that I didn’t get in on the same wave as them, I still get to see firsthand all the cool new stuff that will be added in every patch until I get my very own access pass.
A little more complaining on the “World of Warcraft” front, as a long time (since Burning Crusade) Restoration Shaman (that means I heal) I’m quite underwhelmed with the state of the Shaman class so far in Mists. I understand that it is still early in the beta and that there will be plenty of changes, but if nothing big happens with the Shaman, I think I’m going to shelve good ol’ Faulted and play another class. I’m really excited that there is a new healing class (the monk) and hopefully they get some good stuff and can fill in the emptiness in my heart that was left when Shamen were forgotten by Blizz. Otherwise I’ll have to level a Druid, Priest or Paladin (or just turn in my healing badge and go for damage, but that’ll never happen).


Okay moving onto the last bits of news for the week (to me at least). First of the last (huh what?) is NIS America’s licensing of Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. AnoHana (for short) was one of my favorite from 2011 and now I’ll finally be able to own it, in a Premium Edition, for quite a hefty price, but no one said collecting anime was cheap! To say the least I was pretty happy when I read about this.

Another of the last pieces (2nd of 3) is that Crunchyroll is currently announcing their new titles for the Spring 2012 lineup, they have a few so far: Hiiro no Kakera; Nyarko-san: Another Crawling Chaos; OZMA; Space Brothers; Folktales from Japan; and finally Kimi to Boku 2. They’re going to continue to announce new titles here, so if you wanted to stay updated, this is the place.

And last bit of news for today: my friend TheGameEnforcer, author of Neon Genesis Madoka Magica (a brilliant fanfic) has announced that NGMM VI is almost finished. In addition to news of the latest chapter he said that he has his own thread on Spacebattles.com. So if you are interested, check it out!


I gotta tell you, I’m having a blast writing this ramble today; I don’t know why…

And now it’s time for your weekly dose of “The Creator’s Corner”, this week’s CC is fairly important. Wanna know why? Well even if you don’t, I’ll tell you. This week, after many, many, weeks/months/years (actually only a few years, two or three…) I have finally started to write the official first draft of “NEw: The End and the NEw Beginning” (title subject to change). As stated, this is only the first draft, but it’s the official first draft, which means far in the future, this document’s ancestor will be the first Book in the NEw series! It’ll be a while before it gets too far, I’m a slow worker but motivation helps quite a bit. Perhaps in the future when I’m quite a bit farther along in the actual creation (not just storycrafting) of NEw, I’ll post a small tidbit as a teaser.


I wanna keep going, I want to ramble until the sun sets and I’m the only one left in my small corner office in this building, but sadly I mustn’t. I’ve been aiming for around 1000 words per Weekly Ramble so that my readers don’t get tired of me, well, rambling. So unless they say otherwise, I’m going to keep it at a modest size. Which means that today’s ramble is nearing it’s end; so let’s go out with a bang. Let's start the end with this week’s Song of the Week; this week I’d like you to enjoy “Everybody Talks” by Neon Trees:

And this week I didn’t receive any items, but I’ll tell you about three DVD sets that I bought previously: first off is “To-Love-Ru” the complete first season on DVD; then is “Trigun” the complete series on DVD; and finally is “Cowboy Bebop Remix” the complete Series Re-Master on DVD. Anywho, thanks again for reading, and as always if you’ve got any comments, questions, tips or concerns, you can e-mail me at Semajj07@gmail.com or leave a comment in the designated area below. See you next time Space Cowboy!

No comments:

Post a Comment