Archives

Friday, March 9, 2012

The Stuffy Nose Blues


Hello and welcome to another Weekly Ramble. This week we'll have Semajj's Bookshelf, Rambles and as always, the song of the week. Before we begin though I will apologize for the brevity of this ramble, starting on Wednesday I came down with a rather horrible cold (actually I'm not sure if it's a cold or something different, either way I'm sick and therefore am having trouble concentrating).

This week on “Semajj's Bookshelf” I'll be reviewing a few items that have been on my shelf for a while, the reason for this is because I didn't get any new items this week. For future reference on weeks that I don't get anything new to review for “Semajj's Bookshelf” I'll review items that I have previously purchased, like this week where I'll be reviewing “Fairy Tail” bd/dvd combo packs 1-3. The first twelve episodes of “Fairy Tail” were released on bd/dvd in December of 2011, the second part (episodes 13-24) was released in January of 2012 and the latest (as of now) release was in February of 2012, which was part 3 (episodes 25-36). The dubbed version isn't that great, so if you're new to the “Fairy Tail” I would suggest watching with the original Japanese language audio and English subtitles. The animation quality is great, even better if you have the ability to watch it on Blu-Ray.

“Fairy Tail Part 1, bd/dvd Combo Pack” 4/5 A fairy tale deal for any Fairy Tail fan.

“Fairy Tail Part 2, bd/dvd Combo Pack” 4/5 See above

“Fairy Tail Part 3, bd/dvd Combo Pack” 4/5 See above

Now since my headache is worsening and my focus is too, I'll quickly ramble about Diablo III. Diablo III is the third installment to Blizzard's Diablo franchise, as such it is a highly anticipated game and I was lucky enough to get my hands on a Beta-Key so I can play the first few levels while waiting for the full game to be released. So far Blizzard hasn't announced a release date for the game, but they did say that it will be out before the end of Q2 2012. The reason I decided to ramble about D3 today is because today was the release of beta patch 14, where a few things were implemented; the best of which is the beta version of Hardcore Mode. In hardcore mode the monsters do more damage, they're harder to kill and worst of all if your character is killed in combat, it dies for good; meaning any and all progress you've made will be lost upon death. At first it may seem that playing hardcore is far too punishing (especially when you are only one kill away from the max level, when all of a sudden you are attacked by three packs of Champion level monsters and ultimately destroyed) but if you play using all of the tools that are given to you, death should be avoidable in most cases (I say that now, but we'll see how it goes when I start my first hardcore journey as soon as this headache passes).

So I decided to wrap this ramble up early (being sick also makes me lazy apparently) so now it's time for the song of the week! This week's song of the week, in celebration of the “Black Rock Shooter” anime, is “Black Rock Shooter” by Hatsune Miku. You can listen to the song here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEPhzcXYn2E. Once again, I apologize for the shoddy quality of this week's ramble and I promise that next week's ramble will be of much better quality (assuming I'm over this cold, I sure do hope I am better by then). Thanks for reading, and as always if you have any comments, questions, tips or concerns, you can send me an e-mail at Semajj07@gmail.com or comment below. So then, see you next Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment