Archives

Friday, February 22, 2013

Wise No More

Wise no more, yes, that I am. As you probably noticed, there was no Weekly Ramble last week, but fear not, it did not go missing or anything of the like. No, last week’s ramble was skipped because I was recovering from having my wisdom teeth pulled. I was going to say something in the previous ramble about my little trip to the dentist, but it completely slipped my mind once I started getting into it. But today it’s back to business as usual. So I’ve got a new project that I’m involved in with a few buddies of mine, and I’m going to ramble a bit about that today, then I’m going to share a few videos that I’ve come to like recently (MMD vids for those of you who know it) and before the end I’ll probably share some more information about another “Titan” character and there’ll be, as always, a new Song of the Week.

 

It was a few weeks back when my pals and I were joking around in the chatroom that we frequent, we somehow got on the subject of making our own story. At first it started out whimsical and whatnot, a joke of sorts, but as we continued playing with the idea it somehow occurred to us that this might actually happen. This could really become a thing! And so for the past couple of weeks we’ve been slowly building our story from the ground up. We’ve got a few characters developed, a simple setting that we are working on expanding and something that could possibly be turned into a plot, if handled with enough care. At times it is a bit difficult for us to get stuff done seriously, we do seem to get sidetracked a lot, but I think that in time we just might get something we can work with.

And I’ve got to say, working on a group project like this is a ton of fun! Discussing how our characters act, what they look like and what they provide for the story is a blast. There’s something about bouncing ideas off of other people and making stuff work that isn’t there in solo writing. As I’ve said before, we’re still working on the big details so we’re miles away from anything solid yet, heck, we don’t even know what roles we’re going to play in creating this thing, other than coming up with ideas.

 

And now for some videos, yay! First up is a MikuMikuDance video of Ahri (and a few other LoL characters) dancing along to the ever-so-famous “Gangnam Style”


Next we’ve got Miku Append singing and dancing along with GLaDOS to “Still Alive”

 
And finally this is a song I just heard for the first time last night. This one is called “Perfume” and features the Append models of Hatsune Miku, Akita Neru and Kasane Teto.

 
 

Yes, yes. MMD can look so awesome if done well. But enough of that! Now I’m going to introduce/talk about another character from the “RE:Inspiration; Titan” series. Today’s character doesn’t play a very large role in the happenings of “Titan” but he is someone that I’ve wanted to talk about for a while because he was used as the basis for a character of mine who goes by the name of Allen Maxwell. If you’ve been a long-time reader you might remember Allen from the little Christmas story I threw together back in 2011 (WHAT!?!? It was that long ago?). When I created Allen, who was next in line to inherit the title of Santa Claus, I decided that he should have a special skill (he was a Wizard after all). And while I was thinking of skills that a Santa Claus might wield I somehow found myself looking at an old character of mine: Devon Hastings. Devon has always been part of my cast for the story called “Eleven” and ever since I came up with him he’s had the same special ability, the power to warp space around him. Devon, or Slick as he’s more commonly referred to, can warp the space around his body, which allows him to move around with ease, even in a crowded place. He can even fit through small passages that people might otherwise not be able to fit.

And so I decided to “borrow” Slick’s ability for Allen, after all, Santa can somehow squeeze through chimneys and stuff. I had planned to continue Allen’s story as he traveled the world, but he somehow how put on the back-burner. But Slick’s story is just beginning, or will be just beginning when I start the “NEw” series. For now though, I need to focus on what is on my plate at the moment, namely “Titan III”. T3 is on the final stretch of its writing phase, one or two more scenes and it’ll be ready for revisions, edits and finally: publishing. But until it is finished all I can do is thank any and all of you who have read either of the first two “Titan” short stories and ask that you wait just a bit longer for the next part.

 

For anyone who is interested in reading “Titan” you can download both parts 1 and 2 for free from Smashwords.com.
You can just click on that link to go straight to my profile ^.
 

And that’s the end of the road for this ramble. Before I get out of here, I’ll leave you with this week’s Song of the Week: “Radioactive” by Imagine Dragons

 
Anywho, as always if you have any questions, comments, tips or concerns you can leave a comment here on Blogger or you can contact me at Semajj07@gmail.com or at Twitter @Semajj07. Also, if you have a character that you’d like me to talk about in the next ramble you can tell me via any of the ways stated above. pyoro~n

No comments:

Post a Comment