Archives

Friday, February 8, 2013

Late But Not Forgotten


Somehow Friday snuck up on me this week. But that’s not such a bad thing. Part of why the week seemed to fly by is because I’ve been hard at work, both with work and with “RE:Inspiration; Titan III”. It could be due to last week’s normal-size ramble or because of the Archive project that I started, but either way my productivity on “Titan III” sky-rocketed compared to the past few weeks. But enough about that for now, let’s get to rambling, shall we? Today I think I’ll ramble about a few random things, like World of Warcraft Pet Battles and up-coming anime releases and then I want to ramble about “Titan” because it’s still a work in progress but I don’t want people to forget about it. So let’s hop to it:

 

Last weekend I spent most of my freetime playing World of Warcraft, which is something that I don’t really do anymore (play for long periods of time, that is). Over said weekend I accomplished quite a bit in the way of Pet Battles. For one, I got my 500th pet. 500! Wow! I also unlocked the Pristine Pet Trap by leveling 25 pets to level 25. And while I no longer need to catch pets for quantity, I still need to catch them for quality. You see, the pets are ranked in three different ways: Family, Breed and Quality. The family is based on the type of pet. For instance, my Fox Kit, Elsie, is a Beast because foxes are large animals. My Darkmoon Rabbit, Fluffeh, is a critter because rabbits are smaller animals. In total there are ten pet families: Beast, Critter, Humanoid, Dragonkin, Flying, Aquatic, Magic, Mechanical, Undead and Elemental.

The second way the Battle Pets are sorted is by quality. Quality determines how many points your pet has to spend between the three Pet Battle stats: Health, Power and Speed. The higher quality a pet is (Poor, Common, Uncommon or Rare) the more points they have to allocate between the three stats. This leads to the third way that the Battle Pets can be ranked and that is by breed. I only recently started learning about the breed system, but basically each different pet type (i.e. Fox Kit, Darkmoon Rabbit, Fluxfire Feline, etc.) has certain breeds that they can come in. The Darkmoon Rabbit, for example, can come in three different breeds: H/S, S/S and B/B. These stand for, respectively, Health/Speed, Speed/Speed and Balanced/Balanced. What this means is that even though my opponent and I both have the same pet, the Darkmoon Rabbit in this instance, our pets aren’t necessarily evenly matched because they can have different breeds.

The breed of the pets is determined by how their stat-points are allocated. A pet with an S/S/ breed will be really fast, which means your pet attacks first, but will have lower than average health and power. A Power/Power (P/P) pet will hit like a truck, but is also potentially squishy when it comes to taking damage. Health/Health pets are good for taking damage, but when it comes to dealing damage they don’t excel. And finally (even though there are many breeds it’s mostly self-explanatory) the Balanced/Balanced pets have their stats all equally allocated, meaning they are like a jack-of-all-trades in pet battles.

 

Anime! Last time I rambled about the currently airing anime and now I’m going to ramble about anime that will soon be released on DVD and/or Blu-ray in North America. As any long-time readers would know, I like to collect anime (evidence in the old feature called Semajj’s Bookshelf) and that hasn’t changed. In these up-coming months there are quite a few series coming out that I’m pretty excited for. Later this month the sequel to Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari, will be released and, even though it’s quite expensive, I’ll be picking it up when it comes out. There’s also the Sora no Otoshimono movie and Tiger and Bunny (part 1) that will be released this month, both of which I’m happy to finally add to my collection. Further in the future I’m really looking forward to the K-ON! movie, Acchi Kocchi (woot!), Kids on the Slope and the second parts of Penguindrum, Fate/Stay Night and Bodacious Space Pirates. I’m especially happy for Acchi Kocchi (Place to Place) getting a release; it’s such an awesome show!

 

Okay, okay let’s talk “Titan”. While “Titan III” is taking quite a while to get finished (which is really an understatement “Hurry the heck up, Semajj!”) but it’s quite a bit longer than “Titan II” which was twice as long as “Titan”. But just because “Titan III” will be more than three times as long as the original, it’s not really an excuse to be taking this long. So I figured I’d talk about some of my characters while I make you guys wait for the real deal.

Today I’m going to talk about the little furry member of Jacobi Myles’ crew: Charlie. Charlie is a unique character, not only because he’s a monkey, but also because he is the only known biological artificial intelligence in the “Titan” universe. And while his A.I. technology is far less-superior than that of the A.I.s on the Windsor (Avast, Bolt and Jolt), he is still far better at computing than people are. Another thing that separates Charlie from the likes of normal A.I.s is the fact that Charlie has a personality, whereas most other A.I.s operate just like a computer would.

Charlie’s character originated years back, he was originally a side-kick to the hero of the jungle, Monkey Man. As a side note, Monkey Man wasn’t an ape-like-man like Tarzan; he was just a talking monkey. The “man” part came from conventional super-hero naming; Spiderman, Batman, Superman, etc…man. The Charlie of the “Monkey Man” universe wasn’t a cyborg/A.I. like the new Charlie, but the concept of the character remains the same. Due to time constraints (and laziness) I won’t set a link, but if you’ve got the time and are interested, you can Google or wiki the Golden Lion Tamarin to see, more-or-less, what Charlie is based off of.

I don’t really know what else to say here, without spoiling stuff, but hey you now know more about Charlie than you did!

 

And that’s it. I’m out of here!

Song of the Week: “Sonna Koto Ura no Mata Urabanashi Deshou?” by Megumi Nakajima.

 
Anywho, as always if you have any questions, comments, tips or concerns you can leave a comment here on Blogger or you can contact me at Semajj07@gmail.com or at Twitter @Semajj07. Also, if you have a character that you’d like me to ramble about next time you can tell me via any of the ways stated above. *happyface*

No comments:

Post a Comment