Archives

Friday, October 19, 2012

Seven Minutes to Spare

It has come to my attention that for the past two weeks I’ve made an error in the closing statements of my Weekly Ramble. Somehow I started replacing “concerns” with “complaints”  which isn’t really that big of a deal, but just in case any of you thought it might be a purposeful or permanent change I’ll tell you right now that it isn’t and starting today it’ll go back to being the way that it was. And now that we’ve got that all sorted out we can start with our regularly scheduled ramble. So today I’m going to talk about a few things, most of it isn’t important stuff but I’ll still talk about it because that’s what I do here: “The level of importance isn’t important here!” Heh-heh. I’ll talk about some new anime heading to the US in the next few months, I’ll talk about my free time, but most importantly (even though importance isn’t important) I’m going to spend quite a bit of time talking about “RE:I; Titan” because I’ve been stuck in a rut for a while on this subject and I think it’s about time I crawl out of that rut and get something done for once!

 

Okay, it’s been a while since I’ve talked about anime here (it’s been a while since I’ve really talked about a lot of things here, but that’s beside the point) so I thought I’d share some information on some of the series’ that are coming soon to Blu-ray and DVD. As you might know I like to support the American companies that license anime and bring them state-side and the best way to do that is to buy the stuff that they release so I’m gonna help spread the word on some awesome series’ that will soon be available.

First up is Bakemonogatari. Aniplex of America is going to be releasing the complete series on Blu-ray in late November, the set is going to include all 15 episodes with English subtitled (no dub, sorry dub fans) and it’ll also come with a 36-page art book! It’s pretty pricey ($150 usd, yikes!) but I really liked this series and hopefully Aniplex will get the sequel series Nisemonogatari later this year. /support

Next is the Hellsing Ultimate sets by Funimation. The first set is already out and contains volumes 1 through 4 in a DVD/BD combo pack! The second set, containing 5 through 8, will be out mid-November and will also be in DVD/BD combo pack. Also they have both dub and sub so everyone wins! I personally haven’t seen Hellsing Ultimate, but I’ve heard great things so I decided to grab it and check it out. /support

Let’s see, how about Bodacious Space Pirates! Early next year (read January) Sentai Filmworks is going to release the first half of the Bodacious Space Pirates BD set, it’ll have the first 13 episodes and it’s in both English and Japanese (so sub and dub). I really liked this show, other-wise why would I buy it, right? /support

Another Sentai title in early 2013 is going to be a BD release of Fate/Stay Night. It’ll only be the first half of the series (sub and dub) but hopefully this re-release is a sign that Fate/Zero will be making its way to the States eventually (without the $300+ import price). Also, as a side note, I haven’t seen this series either, but taking the risk and buying a new series is part of the fun! /support

Okay last one for today is Penguin Drum, another great grab by Sentai. It’s another Blu-ray “Collection One” so it’ll only have the first 12 episodes, but they’ll have both subs and dubs and, let’s not forget, it’s Penguin Drum. This show is a great watch and if you haven’t seen it I’d recommend checking it out. /support

 

Well then, if spending money to support the market isn’t your thing and you decided to just skip past all of that, I suppose you might be reading this now, right? Right? Anyway as I mentioned in my first ramble this month World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria has been sucking up almost all of my free time since its release on the 25th of September, luckily for me I’ve started to get back into the usual swing of things and I have finally started to even-out how I spend my free time. It’s not much (yet) but I have been slowly chipping away at my back-log of anime (both old and new, but mostly the new) and I finally finished three shows from last season and I caught up on two more that are currently running! I also started working on “Titan” again, but that’s for the next ramblegraph. Hopefully by this time next month I’ll be all caught up on my anime back-log, I’ll have finally finished the book that I am currently reading (and hopefully RightStuf has another book sale so I can buy the complete series of Haruhi Suzumiya and Spice and Wolf) and hopefully I’ll have kept up with my dailies in Warcraft and have all of the new factions capped out. But one can only hope…

 

Alrighty then, I think that this ramble is turning out to be quite a well-written mess, don’t you think? All that’s left for today is a visit to “The Creator’s Corner” and our exiting statements (which will be correctly written this time). So it’s been quite a while since “RE:Inspiration; Titan II” was published and made available for you to read (if you haven’t yet read it, but do want to read it you can find it for free here). Last week I said that Charles was a big problem in developing “TIII” which is and/or was true, I’ve played around with his personality, explored his past and tried to imagine what someone in his position would act like. All in all I think I’ve come to understand Charles a bit better and this will make writing him a bit easier. Now a problem that I’ve run into is the action scenes. In the two previous installments of “Titan” there wasn’t very much action, in fact most of the action in the two combined was at the end of “TII” and that was only a short bit. I guess the main problem that I am having is with the speed of the action scenes. I know that in any situation a scene filled with action is going to fly by compared to a scene with lots of dialogue but they just seem to be going by too fast in “TIII” so that’s the next hurdle I have to over-come as I work on “Titan III”. But don’t fret, I am still working on it, in fact I just recently started another draft, so we’re all one step closer to finding out what happened in the sewers of Titan City!

 

And we’re done. I know, it’s like them actiony scenes and it just goes by too quick, but hey I actually put some time into this one! I feel like these exit ramblegraphs are empty now, especially since I am no longer doing “Rambler versus the World” and “Semajj’s Bookshelf” so, I’ll try to keep an eye open for a new little gimmick to add here at the end, but for now I’ll just throw out a shout-out to the /AMP/ YouTube channel: AnimeMOTs. If you’re interested in reading /AMP/ but just don’t have the time, you can check out our YouTube page where we upload new videos (pretty-much) weekly! And now for our Song of the Week:


 

That’s right, this week’s Song of the Week is the Star Wars theme, flashmob style, and I think it’s a pretty cool video plus an awesome cover of the song! Anywho, with that I’ll have to seal it up and ship it out, so if you’ve got any comments, questions, tips or concerns you can leave a comment below or leave me a message at Semajj07@gmail.com. May the forks be with you! Wait, what?

No comments:

Post a Comment