Archives

Friday, May 25, 2012

Of Tired, Titan and Miku

Hi. Welcome to another Weekly Ramble, the thirteenth Weekly Ramble to be exact. It’s late and I’m kinda fried at the moment, rushing to finish my short-story and all, so today’s ramble will be relatively short. Since we are taking the speedy approach to this week’s ramble, I’ll hit a few news things, maybe talk about “Rize of the Fenix” and do the usual stuff at the end. Oh right, there is no “The Creator’s Corner” this week because “The Creator” has left early for the weekend. Hah hah hah… Shall we begin?

While I write this ramble I am waiting for my short story, which I promised would be out today, to upload onto Smashwords. So that when you are reading this ramble you can also download the free short story, I’ll link you to it in a bit.

First off, I want to show you this:


I also want to tell you that I am super excited about this game, since it is the game that comes with the special edition PS Vita that I showed you last week.


 Another video game that is in the process of being released is Dead or Alive 5.


Dead or Alive has always been one of my favorite fighting games, and now the long awaited fifth game is nearing completion!


See? I told you we are going to sprint through this ramble. What’s next? Rize of the Fenix, the new Tenacious D album. It’s good. At first I was a little underwhelmed by the length of the album, but after listening to the songs a few times, I can say that there isn’t one track that I don’t like. If you’re a fan of rock and roll, or comedy music, and you haven’t heard Tenacious D, I implore you to do so.

Hmm shortest ramble ever? Probably, but before I end it I’m going to talk about my newly published short story “RE:Inspiration; Titan”. I started this story back in December after my good friend J.R. Nova inspired to actually write something. The story was mostly complete up until part three for about a month or two, but just this Monday I decided that it could be better. So I made it better, hopefully. RE:I is a bridge between “NEw” and “Eleven” and it may be a bit confusing. I did my best to explain the setting and happenings, but in the end it was a bit rushed. I really can’t focus on anything right now so I’m pretty lost… Anyway please enjoy RE:Inspiration;Titan, Part One and leave any feed-back to it in an e-mail or as a review on Smashwords.com. Oh and if you have a problem downloading it (region restrictions or w/e) just let me know where I should post it instead. But that shouldn't be a problem. 

Ehhhh my brain… it feels like mush…

I didn’t know that Smashwords had such a strict formatting policy, so that took a lot out of me that was supposed to be for this ramble. Eh hah hah…

So yeah that’s pretty much it. Oh yeah if anyone knows how to get rid of those ugly black lines at the page breaks, let me know and I’ll edit those out of the story.

Finally I’m done. This week was another close-call victory at 4-3 again, but this time I lost on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, so I had to play perfect for the rest of the week to win. Cool.

New to the “Bookshelf of Semajj” is the complete first season of “Shinryaku! Ika Musume” or “Squid Girl” on BD. And “Pumpkin Scissors” the S.A.V.E. edition on DVD. By the way you may have noticed a slight improvement in picture quality. It is true, I worked a bit harder on them this week. You may also notice a distinct lack of Cha-Cha the little Panda-Dude. I decided to take these pictures with the items lying flat so I decided to go with a cardboard cut-out thing of Haruhi instead.

 There is the song of the week “The Ballad of Hollywood Jack and the Rage Kage” by Tenacious D, off of their new album “Rize of the Fenix”, in stores now. Anywho that’s all I got, like always if you’ve got any comments, questions, tips or concerns you can leave me an e-mail at Semajj07@gmail.com or you can leave a comment in the boxes below. See you in June!

No comments:

Post a Comment