Archives

Friday, August 17, 2012

If It Breaks, Why Not Fix It?

Hello, hello, hello! Welcome to yet another Weekly Ramble. This week has been an odd week for me, it started off very slowly and I feel like I didn’t get anything accomplished on Monday and Tuesday and then on Wednesday it went all topsy-turvy and I wrote over 4000 words for “RE:Inspiration; Titan III”. Yesterday was pretty bland, I did get some work done on T3 and I learned an awesome new technique for cleaning images in GIMP, so that was pretty awesome I guess; but now today I’m really “blah” again. Anywho, how are you? Well I can’t really hear your reply, but let’s just assume you aren’t doing horrible, and that’s good to hear. Moving on to our normal routine, today I’ll ramble about video game news (or lack thereof), I’ll probably complain a bit about T3 in today’s “The Creator’s Corner” but I’ll also talk about these rambles in the corner as well. Plus there will be a new Song of the Week and I’ll show-off what’s been added to “Semajj’s Bookshelf” this week!



I’m sure I’ve bored you all to the edges of your seats with my somewhat-constant rambling about the upcoming World of Warcraft expansion: Mists of Pandaria, but this time I’ve got some pretty fancy things to show you guys. First off is the Mists of Pandaria official Cinematic!


I just love the part where the human hands the orc his spear, that was gold. So yeah, pretty cool. They also announced that on the 28th of this month the Pre-Expansion patch (patch 5.0.4) will go live, this patch will introduce a ton of the new systems and stuff (like account wide pets, mounts and achievements; and the new talent system) and for anyone who plays for free (the 1-20 version) you’ll now be able to play as all of the races (and you’ll be able to create a Pandaren with the rest of us when MoP is released on Sept. 25th).

Along with that Blizzard has been releasing previews of their latest systems such as
What they’re adding to professions in the new x-pac
An interview concerning the awesome looking scenarios
A sneak peek at one of the new raids coming in MoP
And a preview of the return of world bosses

There is a bunch more stuff you can check out, if you want, by just meandering around the site, but I figured those were link-worthy.

Blizzard has been a busy bunch of people this week because they also announced that the StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm multiplayer beta will be launching soon, sweet! When we finally hear a launch date for HotS I’m gonna dust off my control center and get ready hop back into the fray.

Even busier still, the creative team that is working on Diablo III has been releasing previews of their game design for the upcoming Diablo III patch 1.0.4 which will be out “soon” and is making some major changes. You can read all about the changes at the D3 Community Site. Personally I’m not too psyched about this new patch because I know I’ll be busy with the new WoW patch, but hey it might be fun. In all honesty though, I’m pretty much done with D3, maybe when they introduce PvP I’ll see how that is, but I probably won’t be too into D3 again until the x-pac comes out. Oh and also, for those of you who want to give D3 a try, you can now play for free up until the first boss.

In more game news, or rather the lack thereof part, we still haven’t gotten any more news on the Black Rock Shooter game, which kinda makes me sad, but they did say that it’s still in the works so I’ll just have to be patient…

Oh! There are only two more weeks until “Hatsune Miku’s Project Diva f” comes out in Japan, which means that, 4-6 weeks after that, I should have a box in the mail from over-seas!



Okay, enough about games for now. I decided (just now) that I won’t ramble about T3 today so I guess I’ll ramble about rambling instead! It’s been on my mind for a while now, and I know I’ve rambled about it too but I think I’ve finally come to a concrete decision on the matter. I think today’s ramble will the last one for a while, I’m not quitting like I did back in January with the old rambles, but I’m going to take a break from rambling for a while. I don’t know why but lately I haven’t been having as much fun rambling as I used to so I’m going to step back and let the rambling machine rest.

But this doesn’t mean that I’m going to stop writing, no way Jose, it’s just a small break from this weekly chore. I’ll still post random little tidbits on G+ and on /AMP/ and I’ll even post T3 when it’s ready (Weekly Rambles might be back on air before then, but who knows, right?). I know this might be sad news for some of you, but it’s not all bad, I might even get around to changing the layout of the site like I said I would many moons ago.

With that said it you’ll miss me while I take a break from rambling you can find other stuff by me at my Google+ account, my Twitter account (not so much here, but sometimes) and even at /AMP/ where I’ll occasionally write about how my writing is going. And hey, you never know, I might get restless and decide I want to Ramble again sooner than I plan and I won’t stop myself from cutting my vacation short if I really get the urge to ramble.



Well then, that seems sudden, doesn’t it? Oh well, nothing we can do about it, I don’t want rambling to feel like a chore, it’s supposed to be a fun thing! Fun! Anyway let’s see what cool new items were added to “Semajj’s Bookshelf” this week: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Parts 1, 2 and 3 on BD; Shakugan no Shana Season 1 on BD, K-ON!! Season 2 Part 2 on BD; Kannagi: Crazy Shrine Maidens the Complete Collection on DVD; The World God Only Knows Season 2 on BD; Clannad After Story on BD; Tower of Druaga S.A.V.E. Edition of DVD and a Dyson AM01 10” Table Fan (blue)! Pretty cool, huh? Get it, cool, ‘cause it’s a fan? Hah!
And now:


That was your Song of the Week: Diary of Jane by Breaking Benjamin. I chose that song because it was what was playing when I started this ramble and because it’s a pretty solid tune. Anywho that’s about it, like always it you’ve got any questions, comments, tips or concerns you can let me know down below or you can send me an e-mail at Semajj07@gmail.com; and don’t forget you can also contact me at G+, Twitter and Crunchyroll. Well then, I’ll see y’all on the other side of September!

No comments:

Post a Comment